It has been a phenomenal year for the team at Highlight PR – we’ve had the chance to work on some great brands in 2013, and November saw us win our first CiPR Gold Award!
Ranging from classic to modern, the brands we’ve worked on include the anniversaries of Babar the Elephant and The Beano, the relaunch of Miffy’s publishing, the continued modernisation of the world famous Norland NannyCollege, plus the consumer launch of brand new kids’ pre-school show, Tickety Toc.
Here are Highlight’s highlights for 2013…
1. Denise van Outen and family at the Tickety Toc toy launch, at Hamleys in July made headlines across national press, including the home page of MailOnline.
2. Over the August Bank Holiday, Miffy rocked the news pages of the UK nationals and BBC Online with the announcement that the books were being updated for the first time in 50 years.
3. Norland students learning self-defence and skid pan driving skills – all part of training to be a modern nanny – caught the media’s attention with royal baby fever mounting. Features included BBC Breakfast, MailOnline, Daily Express, BBC Radio 4, 5Live, plus numerous other outlets.
4. Babar the Elephant becomes a fashion icon: During his 80th birthday year, Babar became a fashion icon. Highlight took journalists from The Guardian and Daily Telegraph to Paris for a Babar menswear launch party at Colette. Kelly Brook, Henry Holland and David Beckham were all papped wearing Babar…our favourite headline of the year was ‘Becks in Trunks’ in The Sun!
5. The Beano: Starting with a press launch at Beanotown on the Southbank on one of the hottest days of the year in July, Highlight has pitched Beano Christmas gifts to national and consumer press – from vintage iPad covers to Dennis and Gnasher dog toys!
In November, we won Gold for Best Low Budget Campaign for NorlandCollege in the CiPR Awards South West, topping off a great year! Here’s to more high profile press coverage for our clients in 2014.