Do you think you’ve got what it takes to thrive in a small, busy PR agency, providing essential support across a range of consumer and B2B clients?
Due to ongoing growth, we’re recruiting for a PR & Social Media Apprentice to help support our main account teams, as well as taking responsibility for a wide range of office admin tasks on a day to day basis.
As a PR & Social Media Apprentice you will follow a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in PR for 12-18 months, which is a nationally recognised qualification route. This will involve “on the job” training, visits from an Assessor to the workplace, an internal Mentor to provide ongoing guidance, online learning and creating a portfolio of evidence.
You will develop a wide understanding of Public Relations and the impact it has on businesses.
This will be a varied and flexible role, but amongst the typical tasks will be:
- Managing online cuttings books for all clients
- Recording/evaluating press coverage
- Monitoring and helping schedule social media content
- Researching and writing some blog posts
- Researching and updating media lists, brand calendars
- Uploading of PR content and images onto websites
- Resizing of digital images for press/websites
- Answering phones / reception duties
- Managing postage and deliveries
- Packaging and distributing product samples and competition prizes
- Filing of magazines/newspapers
- Managing office supplies/stationery/subscriptions
- Helping research and prepare evaluation reports
- Keeping office tidy and organised/recycling
- Organising meetings/travel arrangements
- Organising agency social events
- Managing product samples stock, allocating prizes
- Assisting on photoshoots
- Other administrative duties as required by account teams
Qualities we’re looking for:
- Excellent telephone manner and outgoing personality
- Excellent all round PC skills
- Confidence and initiative
- Attention to detail and an eye for layout and good presentation
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Good working familiarity with Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Some previous office experience, preferably in a PR agency or media outlet
- Superb organisation skills
- Enthusiasm for all kinds of tasks
- Ability to work independently with good self-management skills
- A genuine interest in working in PR/social media and digital marketing
Highlight is a small, award-winning PR, content and social media agency, based in beautiful offices right in the heart of Bath.
We work with some brilliant clients – from kids’, family and lifestyle brands, to food and drink companies, creative agencies and other pioneering businesses and brands.
We’re a friendly, hard-working and close-knit bunch, combining top London experience with the best of the West. We always aim to go the extra mile for our clients, delivering outstanding results year in, year out.
We’re proud to have won the PRCA’s ‘Small Consultancy of the Year’ (South West and Wales) for the last two years running.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to kick start a career in PR and social media. You’ll have the benefit of working closely with an experienced, award-winning team, and will be provided with professional on-going training through the PRCA as part of a nationally recognised Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in PR. Salary: £16,000 per annum.
How to Apply:
To apply for this apprenticeship, please click here to submit your application via the Government’s Apprenticeship website. Please note that all initial applications are being handled by the PRCA.
No agencies please.