Are you a bright and ambitious Account Executive with at least 12-18 months’ solid agency experience? Love the idea of working for a small, award-winning agency with fantastic clients in a range of sectors including toys, lifestyle and FMCG food brands?
A brilliant opportunity has arisen for a highly-organised and motivated PR and social media Account Executive to join our thriving agency in the heart of Bath.
If you’ve got a real passion for writing, a talent for pitching stories, a genuine hunger for results and a flair for social media, you could be just what we’re looking for.
Working in a close-knit team, you will play a key role in helping account teams deliver integrated PR and social media campaigns for a fascinating mix of clients. Responsibilities will include:
- Drafting sparkling press releases, blog posts and social media content
- Identifying topical news angles and media opportunities
- Pitching products and stories to journalists and influencers, and securing regular news, feature and product coverage
- Community building and social media management, mainly across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Identifying and nurturing relationships with press and key influencers (bloggers, Instagrammers, Youtubers)
- Managing and updating media databases and image libraries
- Helping create engaging visual assets: lifestyle photography/video, infographics, branded images
- Uploading blog posts and scheduling social media content
- Preparing regular status reports and evaluating coverage
- Social media analysis and reporting
- Managing competitions
- Support with the planning and management of press launches, live events and photography shoots
- Helping draft copy for regular client e-newsletters
- Helping create, manage and measure PPC and social media ad campaigns
- Reporting and evaluating results from PR & social media campaigns using Google Analytics
We’re looking for an ambitious, confident and experienced PR all-rounder, with a real hunger for spotting media opportunities and securing press coverage. Able to write punchy, engaging copy, you’ll relish pitching ideas or products to media and influencers, and understand how to cut through multiple pitches to make our clients stand out. Experience on product placement for seasonal gift guides, best buys and shopping guides would be a real advantage.
You’ll also need to have very strong social media skills, with experience of handling client accounts, growing social reach and developing an engaged community. You will be familiar with using scheduling tools such as Hootsuite, and have organisational skills which are essential for this busy, varied role. Tracking the latest trends in social, you will need to come up with relevant ideas to incorporate those trends into the accounts you’re working on.
An engaging personality and team player is essential – someone who is flexible and always willing to take on a wide range of tasks, including some office admin. A strong eye for detail and good presentation skills are also required. Basic photography and graphic skills including familiarity with Photoshop are desirable, though not essential.
For an ambitious person wanting to fast-track their career, this varied role will give you the opportunity to work in a small team on globally recognised brands – in lovely offices in the beautiful, thriving city of Bath.
- £20-£22k depending on experience
- 25 days holiday per year, plus an extra day for each year’s service
- Individual training plan and annual training allowance
- Annual performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
How to Apply
To apply, please send your CV and a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a 250 word editorial review of your favourite childhood toy.