PR Assistant needed – 3 month paid internship
Are you a bright, ambitious and enthusiastic graduate keen to kick-start your PR, social media and influencer marketing career in a busy, award-winning agency in Bath?
We’re offering a three–month paid internship for the role of PR Assistant from June 2021. This is an ideal opportunity to get your foot on the PR ladder, and for the right candidate, there is a chance this could develop into a full-time role thereafter.
Ideally, we’re looking for a recent journalism or PR graduate with an out-going personality, bags of initiative and the ability to multi-task. You’ll need to be able to research efficiently, write accurately, communicate passionately and report diligently. You’ll need to show a proven interest in all types of media, be social-savvy and have a strong digital profile.
The PR Assistant will play a key supporting role to the main account teams, working across food and drink brands, as well as kids’ toys and licensed characters.
You will be based in our Bath office day to day, and you’ll need to be flexible and willing to take on a wide range of admin tasks. These will typically include PR research, media monitoring, logging coverage, competitor and evaluation reports, maintaining databases, social media support, packing and postage of product samples/prizes, plus management.
Qualities we’re looking for:
- Excellent telephone manner and personality
- Excellent all-round PC/internet skills
- Experience using social media (especially Facebook, Instagram)
- Confidence and initiative
- Attention to detail and an eye for good layout and presentation
- Good writing skills and faultless grammar
- A genuine interest in all kinds of media
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Superb organisation and time-management skills
- Enthusiasm for both challenging projects and run-of-the-mill tasks
You’ll be working alongside highly experienced consultants on a daily basis, benefiting from their knowledge and guidance. Ideally, you’ll have some previous experience of working in a PR or media environment, and a real desire to kick start your career in this field with a small, successful agency based in the heart of Bath.
How to apply?
Send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com together with a 250 word editorial review of your favourite food brand or childhood toy.